Wednesday, February 21

Two Wheels, Some Metal, a Basket and a Lock

Introduction: The metro in Paris is the easiest to use that I have ever seen. There is rarely ever a wait of more than 4 minutes for the car, and with its 16 lines covering a total of 211 kilometres of Parisian rails, you can take it absolutely everywhere.

Problem: Despite its effectiveness, it takes me about 35 minutes to get from my house to Reid Hall or Sciences Po, so I was spending at least an hour, possibly two, a day underground. It is smelly, crowded (at least during peak hours) and just all around unpleasant time.

Solution:








Bike. My mom’s cousin suggested this brilliant idea, and we went to get it together. It takes about the same time to ride my bike than to take the metro to go to Reid hall, and on my way to classes I pass by innumerable sights and monuments depending on the routes I take. On top of the exercise I am getting, I get to really see Paris to and from absolutely everywhere I go.

For the future: Please pray that it will not rain until I get a raincoat.

No comments: